A Beka Academy is even worse that I thought it would be! Here’s a few examples of what they teach:
A history text from A Beka Book suggests that the Ku Klux Klan served a positive role within the communities it was in.
Finally, Here’s some of the right wing propaganda your grandchildren are being taught with your blessing:
- Only ten percent of Africans can read or write, because Christian mission schools have been shut down by communists.
- “the [Ku Klux] Klan in some areas of the country tried to be a means of reform, fighting the decline in morality and using the symbol of the cross… In some communities it achieved a certain respectability as it worked with politicians.”
- “God used the ‘Trail of Tears’ to bring many Indians to Christ.”
- It “cannot be shown scientifically that that man-made pollutants will one day drastically reduce the depth of the atmosphere’s ozone layer.”
- “God has provided certain ‘checks and balances’ in creation to prevent many of the global upsets that have been predicted by environmentalists.”
- The Great Depression was exaggerated by propagandists, including John Steinbeck, to advance a socialist agenda.
- “Unions have always been plagued by socialists and anarchists who use labourers to destroy the free-enterprise system that hardworking Americans have created.”
- Bill Clinton’s 1992 presidential win was due to an imaginary economic crisis created by the media.
- “The greatest struggle of all time, the Battle of Armageddon, will occur in the Middle East when Christ returns to set up his kingdom on earth.”
Every one of these ‘lessons’ are well known right-wing, fundamentalist, propaganda. This is why I am a concerned uncle. If after reading the links above will you still choose to bury your head in the sand and stand by as your grandchildren are taught to be ignorant bigots?